Other Ways to Pay Your Bills
Please note that the following methods of payment are not directly associated with the County. They are payment vendors that the County uses, but it may take longer for payments to post to your account. If you need your account to reflect a payment immediately, please either come into the Treasurer's Office or use the County's Online Bill Pay feature.
Pay at a Bank of Southside Branch
Current tax and utility payments may be dropped off at a Bank of Southside Branch. The payment is effective the day you pay, but will not be reflected on your account until the next business day. Bank of Southside will not process delinquent bill payments. YOU MUST HAVE A COPY OF YOUR BILL WHEN YOU PAY.
Pay Online or by Phone with Official Payments
The County also uses Official Payments to accept payments online. Official Payments does charge a fee for using their service. You can pay your Personal Property Tax, Real Estate Tax and Utilities bills with Official Payments. Official Payments accepts American Express, Discover, MasterCard or VISA. Please note that PAYMENTS ARE NOT IMMEDIATELY REFLECTED ON YOUR BILL’S BALANCE. It may take 5 to 7 days for payments to be processed.
OFFICIAL PAYMENTS SHOULD NOT BE USED FOR ACCOUNTS THAT HAVE BEEN DISCONNECTED DUE TO NON-PAYMENT.
If you use Official Payments for Utilities Bills must be made 5 business days prior to the due date to avoid late fees and/or disconnection of service.
To use the online payment service:
- Go to www.officialpayments.com
- Select Make a Payment.
- Select the Local Payments option and enter the Jurisdiction code 1011 or select your State and choose it.
- Follow the onscreen instructions.
Note: Payments are made on a secure server. In order to use this service your web browser must have 128-bit Cipher Strength Encryption. If your browser cannot display the Official Payments pages properly it may need upgrading.
Pay by Phone with Official Payments
You can also pay your bills by phone with Official Payments. Pay by phone accepts payments for: Personal Property Tax, Real Estate Tax, Utilities bills, Business License Tax and Parking Tickets. Official Payments accepts American Express, Discover, MasterCard or VISA. A fee is charged for using this service.
To pay by phone:
- Call 1-888-2PAY-TAX (1-888-272-9829). You will be prompted to input the information below using your touch-tone phone keypad.
- Enter the Jurisdiction Code: 1011.
- Choose your payment type:
- Press 1 to pay a Personal Property Tax bill.
- Press 2 to pay a Real Estate Tax bill.
- Press 3 to pay a Utilities bill.
- Press 4 to pay a Business License Tax bill.
- Press 5 to pay a Parking Ticket.
- Enter your payment information.
- Enter your credit card information.
The system will give you a verbal receipt number. There is a fee for using this service. Your bank should not charge cash advance fees for this payment.
All credit card payments for Utilities Bills must be made 5 business days prior to the due date to avoid late fees and/or disconnection of service.