The goals of the Planning Commission of Prince George County are as follows:
- Improve public health, safety, convenience and welfare of its citizens;
- To plan for the future development of communities to the end that transportation systems be carefully planned;
- That new community centers be developed with adequate highway, utility, health, educational, and recreational facilities;
- That the need for mineral resources and the needs of agriculture, industry and business be recognized in future growth;
- That residential areas be provided with healthy surroundings for family life;
- That agricultural and forestall land be preserved; and
- That the growth of the community be consonant with the efficient and economical use of public funds.
Prince George County Planning Commission Schedule
The Prince George County Planning Commission has scheduled meetings on the 4th Thursday of each month (except for County Holidays). All meetings commence at 6:30 p.m. in the Board of Supervisors Meeting Room, 3rd Floor of the County Administration Building, 6602 Courts Drive, Prince George, VA 23875.
Workshops will be held on that Monday prior to the regular meeting date on the fourth Thursday or as otherwise determined by the Commission. The workshops will be located in the Planning Department Conference Room, First Floor, within the County Administration Building at 6:30 p.m.