Prince George County Government News
Upcoming Meetings & Events
Sat., Jan. 27 - Burrowsville Volunteer Fire Department Annual Banquet (invitation only) will be held at the Hopewell Moose Lodge, 4701 Western Street, Hopewell, at 5:30pm.
Tues., Jan. 30 - "4-H Day" at the Capitol, State Capitol Building, Richmond, VA
Wed., Jan. 31 - 2018 VML Day at the Capitol, Library of Virginia, 800 E. Broad Street, Richmond, VA, from 3:00pm - 7:00pm.
Thurs., Feb. 1 - Registration for Prince George County 4-H Camp, until full (Camp dates: July 2-6, 2018), at the P.G. Extension Office, 6380 Scott Memorial Park Road, Prince George, 8:30am - 5:00pm, Mon-Fri.
Feb. 1-2 - 2018 Prince George County Spring Sports Registration FINAL DAYS (baseball, softball, soccer, blast ball), at P.G. Parks & Recreation Office, 804-458-6164 or web site.
Feb. 2-3 - 26th Annual "Polar Plunge" Festival 2018 to benefit Special Olympics, at the Hilton Oceanfront Hotel, 3001 Atlantic Avenue, Virginia Beach. Contact your local Special Olympics representative for more information.
BOS Honors Players & Coaches for Winning Parks & Rec Title
The Board of Supervisors at its January 23 meeting recognized the Parks & Recreation Senior Football Team for winning the Chesterfield Quarterback League.
Important Things to Know
• Statewide Tornado Drill March 21. Details.
• Health officials saying flu epidemic has not peaked. Details.
• Luca Italian Restaurant looking to move soon into new location. Details.
• Hotel room occupancy rates show increase. Details.
• Delegate Brewer passes first bill in General Assembly. Details.
• Lifetime Prince George Emergency Crew member Bonnie Coghill dies January 22.
• Board of Zoning Appeals elects Erma Brown, Chairperson and Charles Leonard, Vice Chair at Organizational Meeting January 22.
• Mid-year budget report indicates Prince George County tax collections lagging behind last year’s pace.
• City of Hopewell hires John March Altman as new City Manager.
• Prince George High School senior playmaker Taylor Stevens closing in on 1,000 career points. Needs 51 more.
Quote of the Week
"Success is for those that presses on when they see a wall, find ways around a road block and consistently push boundaries and conquer territories against all odds."
Percy C. Ashcraft, County Administrator | Prince George County, VA | (804) 722-8600
Fax (804) 732-3604 | email@example.com | www.princegeorgecountyva.gov