The Board of Supervisors at its November 15 meeting approved a contribution to assist the activities of the Friends of the Lower Appomattox River (FOLAR).
On a 3-2 vote, with Chairman Bill Robertson and District 2 Supervisor T.J. Webb dissenting, the BOS approved a contribution of $9,300. County Administrator Percy Ashcraft explained the request was raised after it was inadvertently left out of his FY ’18 Budget request last February.
FOLAR has been involved in numerous projects around Prince George County over the years, particularly the development of the Appomattox River Regional Park. Most recently, FOLAR assisted with the completion of the Canoe Launch.
Other matters to come before the BOS at its worksession and meeting:
• Received the Five-Year Financial Plan and projections for the upcoming Budget year.
• Received a report on Property Insurance as it pertains to Fire coverage throughout Prince George County.
• Presented a Commendation to Charles Ware upon his retirement from the Riverside Criminal Justice Agency.
• Received a Commendation from Fort Lee for Prince George County’s participation in the 100-mile Centennial Run.
• Chairman Robertson presented Ashcraft with the VACo ‘Go Green Award’ and the Progress-Index contest ‘Best Community in Which to Live’ Award.
• Approved on the Consensus Agenda that November 25 is ‘Small Business Saturday’ in Prince George County.
• Received the monthly VDOT report.
• Received a report on the new Canoe Launch recently completed at the Appomattox River Regional Park.
• Unanimously approved change orders of $26,854 for the Fuel Canopy Replacement Project.
• Unanimously approved the award of contract for propane services to Suburban Propane.
• Unanimously approved Stormwater Maintenance Project agreements with VDOT.
• Unanimously approved payment of a claim of $750 by John S. Noblin for the costs of a survey and a subdivision application fee.
• Unanimously approved revisions to the Personnel Policy for sections related to: Hours of Work, Holidays and Contributions to HSA Accounts with Sick Leave.