The Board of Supervisors at its November 9 meeting approved the expansion of the Jefferson Pointe Apartment Complex.
A public hearing was held at the October 25 BOS meeting and the matter was tabled to November 9 for further discussion. The BOS unanimously approved a Conditional Rezoning and a Zoning Case Amendment.
The expansion will contain 48 apartment units in two buildings, along with the construction of a new clubhouse facility and associated pool. The applicant, Jefferson Point LLC, also proffered to provide $1,366 per dwelling to provide upgrades to the boiler system in the gymnasium locker rooms at Prince George High School.
Other matters to come before the BOS at its meeting:
• Approved on the Consensus Agenda a resolution granting the afternoon of November 23 paid leave time for employees.
• Presented a Commendation to Nila Ingles upon her retirement from the Department of Social Services.
• Received the monthly VDOT report and an update on the NACO Prescription Drug Program.
• Unanimously authorized advertisement of a public hearing on December 13 to revise allowances to customer water & sewer charges related to leaks.
• Unanimously approved an amendment to the Statement of Agreement with the Health Department to modify lease terms for use of the Human Services Building.
• Discussed setting the date of December 5 for a worksession on Utilities Infrastructure, but may consider December 12 at its November 22 meeting.
• Discussed the appointment process to the Core Committee for Schools Facility Study.
• Unanimously approved Chairman Bill Robertson signing a letter with the Chairman of the Public School Division to Governor McAuliffe supporting VRS rate contributions at 100 percent and state funding for salary increases for teachers and other instructional personnel.
• Held a public hearing and unanimously approved an ordinance amendment to add a license tax for direct sales and to eliminate a fee for massage parlors.