BOS Approves Agreement With
Dinwiddie for Carson VFD Station
The Board of Supervisors at its August 9 meeting approved an agreement with Dinwiddie County regarding expenses for services received from the Carson Volunteer Fire Department.
By a unanimous vote, the BOS authorized the County Administrator to execute the agreement that includes: (1) an annual contribution to the operating expenses of the Carson Volunteer Fire Department in the amount of $13,500; and (2) a one-time capital contribution of $250,000 to defray costs of the new Carson Station.
The capital contribution represents the approximate percentage of Dinwiddie calls to all calls responded to by Carson times the total cost of the new station.
For many years, the volunteers of Carson VFD have provided Fire & EMS services to a portion of Dinwiddie County.
Other matters to come before the BOS at its worksession and meeting:
- Discussed changes in residential building requirements in the planning area.
- Discussed the Redflex Camera Program.
- Received an update on the Courthouse Energy Savings Project.
- Approved on the Consensus Agenda a resolution appropriating $69,452 for a Rescue Squad Assistance Fund grant.
- Approved on the Consensus Agenda an appropriation of $97,519 increase in the FY ’16 Title 1 funds for the Public School Division.
- Approved on the Consensus Agenda an appropriation of $48,504 for a Victim Witness grant.
- Approved on the Consensus Agenda an appropriation of $10,155 for a grant in Community Corrections.
- Approved on the Consensus Agenda a resolution appropriating $100,000 for School Resource Officer grants.
- Approved on the Consensus Agenda an appropriation of $20,495 for City of Hopewell payment for Building Official services.
- Approved on the Consensus Agenda an appropriation of $11,323 for Fire Program funds.
- Presented a resolution designating September as Hydrocephalus Awareness Month in Prince George County.
- Received the monthly report from VDOT.
- Received a preview of the August 25 Back to School Fair.
- Received a report on the Mobile Home Park Rehabilitation Project.
- Approved by a 3-2 vote, with Chairman Bill Robertson & District Two Supervisor T.J. Webb dissenting, a list of law enforcement replacement vehicles costing $400,000.
- Unanimously approved an appropriation of $174,435 to retain a consultant for a new public safety radio system.
- Unanimously approved the re-appropriation of obligated FY ’16 funds to FY ’17.
- Unanimously appointed George Poulson to the Central Virginia Waste Management Authority.