The Board of Supervisors at its July 12 meeting approved expansion of the Pine Ridge Mobile Home Park.
After two public hearings over the last couple months, including one at the meeting, the BOS unanimously approved 131 additional lots that will expand the park in the future.
Various concerns that were raised from citizens and members of the BOS in the original application were addressed by the park developer in the final application. Included in the new conditions is the construction of a new clubhouse for use by park residents.
Other matters to come before the BOS at its worksession and meeting:
• Agreed by consensus to authorize Staff to move forward with various Recreation capital projects.
• Discussed life safety evacuation plans for County buildings.
• Unanimously approved a revised County contribution to the Employee Health Insurance Fund.
• Approved on the Consensus Agenda a Commendation to Fleta Quickley upon her retirement from the Treasurer’s Office.
• Approved on the Consensus Agenda and received a report on the ‘Stairways to Success’ Early Childhood Program.
• Approved on the Consensus Agenda an appropriation of $443,996 for a machinery and tools tax rebate.
• Approved on the Consensus Agenda consideration of supporting the Census Bureau’s proposed rule to count prisoners in federal and regional correction facilities as Prince George residents in the 2020 Census.
• Approved on the Consensus Agenda to authorize County Staff to prepare resolution of commendation for departing Garrison Commander Colonel Paul K. Brooks.
• Approved on the Consensus Agenda a public designation of $3,000 to the City of Hopewell for the Imperium Movie Premier.
• Approved on the Consensus Agenda a resolution endorsing SB 718 and H.R. 1621 regarding the Petersburg National Battlefield Boundary Modification Acts.
• Received the monthly report from VDOT.
• Received a report by the Friends of the Lower Appomattox River.
• Received a report on the Baxter Road Sewer Rehabilitation Project.
• Received a report on the July 14 ‘Guns & Hoses’ Charity Softball Game.
• Received a report on proffer legislation passed by the 2016 General Assembly.
• Unanimously approved an ordinance to amend the grievance section of the combined Fire & EMS ordinance.
• Unanimously approved a resolution to execute a water agreement between Sun Pool, LLC and Prince George County.
• Unanimously approved an RFP for County recycling services.
• Unanimously approved the hiring of a radio consultant for $174, 435.
• Discussed the Administration’s Six Month Work Plan.
• Appointed Kimberley Wilson to the Social Services Advisory Board.
• Held a public hearing and unanimously approved the combining of Utility Service Districts.