Provided on behalf of children to protect them from abuse or neglect. The agency:
- Receives complaints on a 24-hour a day basis that children under age 18 have been abused or neglected.
- Conducts an immediate investigation of the complaint by trained workers.
- Determines the accuracy of the complaint.
- Provides services, where appropriate, for the child and family (and abuser/neglecter if not a family member) to include intensive counseling, assistance with homemaking and improving parenting skills, child day care, emergency shelter, emergency medical care, and other activities to protect the child.
- Initiates necessary action to ensure the protection of children.
To report child abuse and neglect call
the Toll Free Hotline number 1-800-552-7096.