Available to impaired adults age 18 and older, persons 60 years of age and older, and their families when appropriate. Adult services may also include services to victims of spouse abuse. The scope of these services is intended to:
- Prevent abuse, neglect, or exploitation of an adult.
- Relieve a crisis resulting from illness, unemployment, violence, loss of housing, etc.
- Maintain the adult's ability to manage as independently as possible.
- Prevent, delay, and/or reduce inappropriate institutionalization.
- Assist when necessary with appropriate placements.
Services may include:
- assistance in personal aid, meal preparation, housekeeping, etc.
- sheltered workshop services
- adult day care
- legal services for the petitioning of guardianship
- finding alternate living arrangements