Provided to adults who are in danger of abuse, neglect, or exploitation. The agency:
- Receives complaints that incapacitated younger adults and the elderly have been abused or neglected or exploited.
- Conducts an immediate investigation of the complaint by trained case managers.
- Determines the accuracy of the complaint.
- Provides involuntary protective services, when appropriate, by initiating court action.
- Provides services where appropriate, to include assistance with homemaking, adult day care, alternative placement, and other activities to protect the adult.
To report adult abuse and neglect, call the toll free hotline number at 1-888-832-3858.