The intent of this process is to clearly communicate expectations of the County, Applicants and Development Review Team as related to the site plan approval process.
1. Client/Preliminary Site Plan Meeting
a. Scheduling Process
i. Site Plan Meeting Request Form submittal by 5:00 PM the Monday prior to scheduled site plan meetings. (See the attached Meeting and Review Schedule.)
1. Submittals received after 5:00PM Monday will not be distributed at that week’s site plan meeting and will be distributed at the next scheduled meeting.
ii. Owners and Engineers/Designers are required to attend the Client/Preliminary Meetings to express their intentions and understand the Team’s requirements.
iii. The Meeting Agendas will follow the attached Agenda Format.
1. Three 45 minute Meetings will be scheduled starting at 9:15 AM.
2. Meetings involving the Health Department will be first.
3. If the schedule is not filled, additional Preliminary/Client Meetings may be scheduled that day.
4. Meetings are scheduled on a first come first serve basis.
iv. Rezoning and Special Exceptions Requests must be discussed with the Director of Planning before submitting the Preliminary Meeting Request Form.
1. Applicant appointments with the Director of Planning shall be requested in a timely manner.
2. Additional information and additional meetings may be required before a Preliminary Meeting is scheduled with the Development Review Team.
3. After meeting with the Development Review Team, the Rezoning/Special Exception process will continue.
b. Meeting Process
i. The Team will hear the applicant/clients intentions.
ii. Each Team member will each provide comments relative to his or her scope for discussion.
iii. The Team will determine if a Minor or Major Site plan is required and indicate the expected next step in the process. (Number of Prints, etc.)
iv. Relative comments received during this meeting shall be addressed by the applicant in submittals or rezoning/special exception applications.
2. First Glance Meetings
a. Meeting Schedule
i. Submit the Site Plan Meeting Request Form and Site Plans by 5:00 PM the Monday prior to scheduled site plan meetings.
1. Submittals received after 5:00PM Monday will not be distributed for First Glance at that week’s site plan meeting and will be distributed at the next scheduled meeting.
2. The meeting purpose is to determine if the submittal can be distributed for comments or if re-submittal is required. (See the Meeting and Review Schedule)
ii. Site Plan Submittal Package will be reviewed.
iii. A Minimum of twelve (12) rolled sets of site plans must be submitted.
iv. Three 15 minute First Glance Meetings will be scheduled each meeting.
v. If the schedule is not filled, additional First Glance meetings may be scheduled.
b. Meeting Process
i. The Applicants Engineer or Designer submitting the site plans and is required to attend.
ii. Each member of the Development Review Team will review plans for completeness relative to his or her scope.
iii. Plan Distribution or Re-submittal Required
1. Site Plans will be distributed if the site plan is relatively complete and acceptable.
2. Re-submittal will be required if the plan is incomplete and not acceptable for distribution.
a. Re-submit plans at a First Glance meeting until plans are approved for distribution.
3. Development Review Team Response/Comments
a. Comments will be due on a three-week review cycle according to the schedule.
b. The Monday following the scheduled comment due date, the Planning Department will send all Development Review Team comments received to the applicant. (In the Event of Holidays, comments will be sent the following working day.)
(i) A transmittal will accompany the comments.
(ii) Comments will be sent via e-mail and US Mail.
4. Subsequent Submittals/Response to Comments must be submitted by 5:00 PM the Monday prior to schedule site plan meetings.
a. Submittals received after 5:00PM Monday will not be distributed at that week’s site plan meeting and will be distributed at the next scheduled meeting.
b. Development Review Team comments will follow the same process outlined in item three above.
5. Plan Approval
a. When individual Team members/departments have no additional comments, they will issue a letter to the Director of Planning indicating their review is complete.
(i) When all Team members/departments indicate their review is complete, site plans will be added to the agenda for signature.
b. The Planning Department will issue approval letters and distribute plans to the Team.
(i) One set of original signed site plans for the owner will be provided for pick-up in the Planning Department.
(ii) One set of original signed site plans for the Engineer/Designer will be provided for pick-up in the Planning Department.
(iii) It is recommended that at this time additional sets of plans be submitted for approval stamp so that they can be distributed to the contractors working in the field. It will be up to the owner to have these signed as official final plans approved by Development Review Team. Construction performed in the field in error will be the responsibility of the owner to correct. This is both costly and time consuming therefore, it is recommended that a sufficient number of final approved plans be distributed.