Prince George County
Victim/Witness Assistance Program
6601 Courts Drive
P. O. Box 730
Prince George, Virginia 23875
Phone: (804) 733-2753
Fax: (804) 862-3586
Hours: 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday
The Victim/Witness Assistance Program provides the following services:
- Victim's Rights information and explanation
- Assist victims in obtaining protective orders.
- Assist victims in seeking and securing restitution.
- Assist victims in completing and forwarding notification request forms to the Commonwealth's Attorneys' offices, to court clerks, and other appropriate agencies in order to be notified of all court proceedings in which the victims are involved.
- Assist victims in the completion and forwarding of notification request forms to local jails and state correctional facilities to ensure that victims are notified of the escape, change of name, transfer, release or discharge of a prisoner.
- Assist victims in the preparation of victim impact statements.
- Assist victims in completing confidentiality request forms and filing them with the appropriate court.
- Provide victims with names, addresses and telephone numbers of appropriate agencies that offer crisis intervention, followup counseling and support groups.
- Provide victims with the final disposition of their cases.
- Provide descriptive or guided tours of the courtroom in which the victim's case will be heard.
- Accompany victims to courts, to meetings with law enforcement or prosecutors and/or other appropriate criminal justice agencies.
- Provide explanations of the overall criminal justice process, as well as detailed explanations of each hearing or step in the process.
- Provide victims with escort (i.e., to physically go with the victim) services related to the investigation or adjudication of a criminal case.
- Provide victims with advance notification of judicial proceedings relating to their cases and inform them of any changes in court dates.
- Assist victims with reservations, travel reimbursements or arranging transportation by commercial carrier or law enforcement.