Catchin' Up On
Prince George County Government News
Prince George County, VA March 2, 2018
Upcoming Meetings & Events
March 1 until full - Registration for PG 4-H Camp continues until full (Camp dates: July 2-6, 2018). Register at the Extension Office, 6380 Scott Memorial Park Road, Prince George, 8:30am - 5:00pm.
March 1-6 - Girls Travel Field Hockey Registration, for girls in grades 4-12, at the Prince George Parks & Recreation Office, 11100 Old Stage Road, 8:30am - 5:00pm, Mon-Fri. $105 registration fee per participant,
Fri., March 2 - 4-H Talent Show (Prince George County) will be held in the Prince George High School Auditorium, 7801 Laurel Spring Road, beginning at 7:00pm.
Fri., March 2 - "A Beacon of Light" FREE concert presented by The Petersburg Symphony Orchestra, at The Beacon Theatre, 401 N. Main Street, Hopewell, at 7:30pm.
Sat., March 3 - 4-H District Talent Contest will be held at Oscar Smith High School, 1994 Tiger Drive, Chesapeake, VA 23320, from 12:00pm - 4:00pm.
Sat., March 3 - Cars 3 "Drive-In" Movie Day for children ages 3-10 who have pre-registered with the Prince George Parks & Rec Community Center, 11100 Old Stage Road. The fun starts at 2:00pm.
Sat., March 3 - Martin's Brandon Episcopal Church 400th Year Anniversary Event at 18721 James River Drive, Spring Grove, VA 23881, beginning at 4:00pm.
Wed., March 7 - Community Policy Management Team (CPMT) Meeting at the Prince George Social Services Office, 6450 Administration Drive, 2nd Floor, beginning at 9:00am.
Wed., March 7 - A Prince George County Board Of Supervisors Budget Work Session will be held in the Board Room, 3rd Floor of the Administration Building, 6602 Courts Drive, at 6:00pm.
Thurs., March 8 - Crater Regional Workforce Development Board Executive Committee Meeting will be held at the Crater Workforce Center, 22 W. Washington Street, Petersburg, from 8:00am - 9:00am.
March 8-10 - "Dames At Sea" - Government Employee Nights at the Swift Creek Mill Theatre, 17401 Jefferson Davis Hwy., South Chesterfield. Special show pricing with employee identification. Showtimes are 8:00pm.
Love's Travel Center Officially
Opens New Facility Along Route 460
Love's Travel Center opened its new facility this morning along Route 460. BOS Chairman Alan Carmichael presented the 'Key to the County.' The event was organized by the Hopewell-Prince George Chamber of Commerce.
Important Things to Know
• March Message from the County Administrator. Details.
• County Administrator presents FY '19 Budget. Details.
• CCAM holds 'Machining Research Day.' Details.
• Recap of February 27 BOS Meeting. Details.
• Details of Proposed FY '19 Budget. Details.
• Burn Ban in effect until April 30 - 'No Burning Before 4 p.m. daily.'
• Installation of new bleachers complete at the Central Wellness Center.
• Police Department round up three suspects accused of robbery February 25 on Mt. Sinai Road.
• County Staff making preparations to take over Septic Pump Out Program from State Health Department.
• County employees teaming up to participate in ‘Run for the Cure’ on May 12 to raise funds for Cancer research.
• VDOT starting to patch potholes throughout Prince George County.
• Pre-Bid meeting for Public Safety Radio System draws plenty of interest.
• Riverside Regional Jail recognized with Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting.
• County flags flying at half-staff today in memory of the late Rev. Billy Graham.
Quote of the Week
"There is a tendency at every important but difficult crossroad to pretend that it’s not really there. "