Message from the County Administrator
This message is a monthly update in 2018 to better update our citizens and visitors to the website. The information serves as a status report for ongoing projects, and also serves as a preview to different happenings that are in the planning stages.
The Board of Supervisors will hold its regular meetings this month on Tuesday, March 13 and Tuesday, March 27 at 7 p.m. in the Board Room. A worksession will precede the March 13 meeting at 6 p.m. Tentative topics to be discussed include: (1) Discussion of naming the Employee Break Room; and (2) Discussion of creating a Transportation Committee.
The Board of Supervisors will also hold Budget worksessions at 6 p.m. Wednesday, March 7, Wednesday, March 14 and Tuesday, March 20 in the Board Room.
Love’s Travel Center will hold its official Grand Opening at 10:30 a.m. Friday, March 2. The Center has been open since February 22.
A ‘Beacon of Light’ free concert featuring the Petersburg Symphony Orchestra will be held at 7:30 p.m. Friday, March 2 at the Beacon Theatre.
Martin’s Brandon Episcopal Church will celebrate its 400th Anniversary at 4 p.m. Saturday, March 3 at its location at 18721 James River Drive, Spring Grove.
The Community Policy Management Team (CPMT) will hold its next meeting at 9 a.m. Wednesday, March 7 in the administrative offices of the Social Services Department.
The 16th Annual Good Gardening Symposium will be held at 8:30 a.m. Saturday, March 10 at the Barn Theater on the campus of Richard Bland College.
The Prince George County School Board will meet at 6:30 p.m. Monday, March 12 in the Board Room.
The Recreation Advisory Committee will meet at 12:00 Noon Wednesday, March 14 at the Parks & Recreation Community Center on Old Stage Road.
Perdue Farms will hold a ‘Community Relations Luncheon’ at 11 a.m. Thursday, March 15 in the Prince George Library.
The Appomattox River & South Central Wastewater authorities will meet at 2 p.m. Thursday, March 15 at the South Central administrative offices.
The Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC) will meet at 4 p.m. Thursday, March 15 in the Emergency Operations Center.
The Prince George Fire & EMS Advisory Board will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday, March 15 in the Board Room.
The Petersburg Area Regional Tourism (PART) Board of Directors will meet at 11 a.m. Friday, March 16 at Keystone Tractor Museum in Colonial Heights.
The Crater Youth Care Commission will meet at 9 a.m. Friday, March 16 at the Commission’s administrative offices.
The Prince George Regional Heritage Center will host Dr. Katherine Bassard to discuss Peter Randolph, well-known writer and preacher at 2:00 p.m., March 18 at The Regional Heritage Center.
The Burrowsville Volunteer Fire Ladies Auxiliary will meet at 7 p.m. Monday, March 19 at the Burrowsville Community Center.
County Government will participate in a ‘Statewide Tornado Drill’ at 9:45 a.m. Tuesday, March 20.
The Planning Commission will meet at 6:30 p.m. Thursday, March 22 in the Board Room.
A grand opening for the Canoe/Kayak Launch at the Appomattox River Regional Park will be held at 10 a.m. Saturday, March 24.
The Prince George Regional Heritage Center will host a reading, book signing, and Q&A discussion with the authors of It’s My Country Too: Women’s Military Stories from the American Revolution to Afghanistan at 2:00 p.m., Sunday, March 25.
Prince George TRIAD will meet at 1 p.m. Monday, March 26 in the Prince George Library.
The Board of Zoning Appeals (BZA) will meet at 6:30 p.m. Monday, March 26 in the Board Room.
The Parks & Recreation Department will hold its annual Easter Egg Hunt at 11 a.m. Saturday, March 31 at Temple Recreation Park.
Here is a capsule glance of other activities that will be happening within County government during the month of March:
- The Board of Supervisors at its March 13 meeting will receive two reports: (1) VDOT; and (2) General Assembly Liaison Martha Burton.
- The Board of Supervisors at its March 13 meeting will consider School Division Carry-Over Funds and possible Resolution for Authority to advertise a public hearing for an appropriation of $2,725,326.
- The Board of Supervisors at its March 13 meeting will consider acceptance of a Deed of Quitclaim and partial release of land and easements adjacent to the Pine Ridge Pump Station.
- The Board of Supervisors at its March 13 meeting will consider procedures for exchange of information with Fort Lee.
- Registration is underway for various Parks & Recreation spring activities. Information can be received at www. http://www.princegeorgeva.org.
- The search will continue this month to fill the position of Director of Utilities.
- Installation of new bleachers will be completed this month at the Central Wellness Center gymnasium.
- Information Technology Director Kirsten Cherry is the latest County employee to be accepted into the LEAD Virginia leadership program.
Follow the Daily Headlines on our main page at www.princegeorgecountyva.gov/ or by clicking on our Twitter, Facebook and/or Tumblr pages for other government news and notices.