Prince George County Government News
Upcoming Meetings & Events
Feb. 1-28 - 3rd Annual "February Food Drive" to benefit the Prince George Food Bank. Donations of canned and non-perishable foods can be dropped off at The Herb Basket, 5716 Courthouse Road, Prince George, during regular operating hours. Receive a discount coupon toward a future massage for every 10 donated items!
Feb. 23-25 - 4-H Space Camp, for Prince George County youth 9-13, sponsored by the Prince George 4-H/Extension Office, will be held at the Airfield 4-H Educational Center, 15189 Airfield Road, Wakefield, VA 23888.
Mon., Feb. 26 - Prince George TRIAD will meet at the Prince George Public Library, 6605 Courts Drive, at 1:00pm.
Tues., Feb. 27 – Prince George County Board of Supervisors will meet in the Board Room, 3rd Floor of the Administration Building, 6602 Courts Drive, at 7:00pm.
Wed., Feb. 28 - "Perkin' ", a Hopewell/Prince George Chamber Member Meeting & Networking, will take place at Sonabank, 380 E. Hundred Road, Chester, VA 23836, from 8:00am - 9:00am.
Wed., Feb. 28 - Virginia's Gateway Region 57th Annual Meeting with keynote speaker David Reilly, of Bank of America, at the Country Club of Petersburg, 1250 Flank Road, South Prince George, beginning at 5:30pm.
Thurs., Mar. 1 - Registration for PG 4-H Camp continues until full (Camp dates: July 2-6, 2018). Register at the Extension Office, 6380 Scott Memorial Park Road, Prince George, 8:30am - 5:00pm.
March 1-6 - Girls Travel Field Hockey Registration, for girls in 4-12 grades, at the Prince George Parks & Recreation Office, 11100 Old Stage Road, 8:30am - 5:00pm, Mon-Fri. $105 registration fee per participant,
Fri., Mar. 2 - 4-H Talent Show (Prince George County) will be held in the Prince George High School Auditorium, 7801 Laurel Spring Road, beginning at 7:00pm.
Chamber Recognizes Prince George County with Two Awards
Members The Prince George-Hopewell Chamber of Commerce recognized Prince George County with two awards at its Annual Brunch & Awards Ceremony February 22 at Upper Shirley Vineyards. The awards were in the category of public safety & best community in which to live.
Important Things to Know
• Believe - N -U opens new facility. Details.
• Public School Division Administration proposes FY '18 Budget. Details.
• King's Dominion will hold Job Fairs. Details.
• Prince George FTC Robotics Team Competes. Details.
• Fort Lee volunteers looking for ways to perform public service. Details.
• Burn Ban in effect until April 30 - 'No Burning After 4 p.m. daily.'
• Prince George Police Department receives $152,000 grant to assist with operations in Emergency Communications.
• Prince George High School's Kai Samuel placed third in the triple jump for 5A Track and Field State Competition.
• Prince George High School's Taylor Stevens has been named to the Class 5B All-Region First Team for girls basketball.
• Local health centers receive funding to continue operations. Details.
• Love's Travel Center opened new facility February 22 along Route 460.
Quote of the Week
"If you do what you always did, you will get what you always got."