BOS Gives Commendation
To Retiring Bill Hamby
The Board of Supervisors at its March 22 meeting issued a Commendation to retiring General Services Director Bill Hamby.
Hamby, joined by his family, received the Commendation on behalf of the entire BOS by Vice Chairman Jerry Skalsky.
Hamby joined Prince George County in 2007 and has directed services related to Building and Grounds and Fleet Maintenance. He has been an integral part of the expansion of County buildings including the construction of the Prince George Library and the Animal Services & Adoption Center.
Hamby, a Prince George resident, will conclude his employment on April 1.
County Administrator Percy Ashcraft has named George Poulson as Interim Director. The first round of interviews to find a permanent replacement are scheduled for April 5.
Other matters to come before the BOS at its meeting:
- Approved on the Consensus Agenda a resolution proclaiming April as National Government Month.
- Received a report from Social Services Director Shel Douglas on the Toddler Fair scheduled for April 9.
- Received an update on the 2016 General Assembly actions from Regional Legislative Liaison Martha Burton and County Attorney Steve Micas.
- Received an update from Information Technology Director Kirsten Cherry on the new County website.
- Unanimously approved a contract with Dorsett Technologies, Inc. to assist with the new Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) system in Utilities.
- Received a status report on Employee Health Insurance from Finance Director Betsy Drewry and Human Resources Director Nancy Shaffer.
- Unanimously appointed the position of Police Chief as the alternate to the Riverside Regional Jail Authority.
- Unanimously removed from consideration an appointment to the Board of Grievance Appeals.
- Unanimously approved April 5 at 6 p.m. for a Budget Worksession.