Message from the County Administrator
Happy New Year!
This message is a monthly update in 2018 to better update our citizens and visitors to the website. The information serves as a status report for ongoing projects, and also serves as a preview to different happenings that are in the planning stages.
County Government Offices will be closed Monday, January 1 and Tuesday, January 2 in observance of the New Year’s holiday. Offices will reopen at 8:30 a.m. Wednesday, January 3.
County Government Offices will also be closed Friday, January 12 and Monday, January 15 in observance of Lee-Jackson Day and the birthday of Rev. Martin Luther King. Offices will reopen at 8:30 a.m. Tuesday, January 16.
The Board of Supervisors will hold its Organizational Meeting at 6 p.m. Wednesday, January 3 in the Board Room.
The Board of Supervisors will hold its regular meetings this month on Tuesday, January 9 and Tuesday, January 23 at 7 p.m. in the Board Room. A worksession will precede the January 9 meeting at 6:00. The tentative worksession agenda is: (1) Establishment of a Special Tax District for Exit 45; and (2) Discussion of various issues involving VDOT.
The Board of Supervisors will hold a pre-budget worksession at 6 p.m. Tuesday, January 16 in the Board Room.
Live or natural Christmas trees may be recycled free of charge at the County Convenience Site through January 13.
Registration for the Prince George Master Gardener Association will continue through January 10.
A meeting of property owners at Exit 45 will be held at 2 p.m. Thursday, January 4 at the Holiday Inn Express to discuss a proposed tax district at Exit 45.
The Hopewell-Prince George Chamber of Commerce will hold its ‘Leadership 2018’ event at 5 p.m. Thursday, January 4 at Baymont Inn & Suites along Oaklawn Boulevard.
The Prince George School Board will meet at 6:30 p.m. Monday, January 8 in the Board Room of the Administration Building.
The Extension Leadership Council (ELC) will meet at 12:00 Noon Tuesday, January 9 in the Prince George Library.
The Riverside Community Criminal Justice Board will meet at 2 p.m. Wednesday, January 10 in the Community Room of the Human Services Building.
The Recreation Advisory Committee will meet at 4 p.m. Wednesday, January 10 at the Parks & Recreation Community Center on Old Stage Road.
The Prince George Industrial Authority (IDA) will meet at 12:00 Noon Wednesday, January 17 in the Community Room of the Human Services Building.
The Appomattox River Water & South Central Wastewater authorities will meet at 2 p.m. Thursday, January 18 at the Lake Chesdin office.
The Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC) will meet at 4 p.m. Thursday, January 18 in the Emergency Operations Center.
The Crater Youth Care Commission will meet at 9:30 a.m. Friday, January 19 in the Commission’s administrative offices.
The Petersburg Area Regional Tourism (PART) Board of Directors will meet at 11 a.m. Friday, January 19 at the District Planning Committee offices in Petersburg.
Prince George TRIAD will hold its next meeting at 1 p.m. Monday, January 22 in the Prince George Library.
The Prince George Board of Zoning Appeals (BZA) will meet at 6:30 p.m. Monday, January 22 in the Board Room of the Administration Building.
The Riverside Regional Jail Authority will meet at 2 p.m. Thursday, January 25 at the Jail’s administrative offices.
The Prince George Planning Commission will meet at 6:30 p.m. Thursday, January 25 in the Board Room.
Burrowsville Volunteer Fire Department will host its Annual Dinner & Recognition Ceremony at 6 p.m. Saturday, January 27 at the Moose Lodge in Hopewell.
Here is a capsule glance of other activities that will be happening within County government during the month of January:
- The Board of Supervisors at its January 9 meeting will receive the monthly report from VDOT.
- The Board of Supervisors at its January 9 meeting will consider possible action on amendments to the employee personnel policy.
- The Board of Supervisors at its January 9 meeting will discuss the Administration’s Six-Month Work Plan.
- The Board of Supervisors at its January 9 meeting will consider appointments to the Board of Equalization; Planning Commission; Crater District Planning Commission; Board of Zoning Appeals; Virginia Gateway Region; and South Centre Corridors.
- The Board of Supervisors at its January 23 meeting will receive two (2) reports: (1) Quarterly Financial Report; and (2) Public Safety Radio project.
- The Board of Supervisors at its January 23 meeting will consider appropriations for a vehicle for the Sheriff’s department, laserfiche in the Social Services Department and software in the Community Development & Code Compliance Department.
- The Board of Supervisors at its January 23 meeting will consider revisions to the Employee personnel policy.
- Various Parks & Recreation winter activities are underway and registration will begin January 8 for spring programs. Information can be received at www. http://www.princegeorgecountyva.gov.
- The search will continue this month to fill two key positions within County Government: Director of Utilities; and Building Official.
- The Public Computer Lab at the Central Wellness Center opened October 2. The Lab will be open from 5-8 p.m. Monday through Thursdays, and 5-7 p.m. on Fridays.
- Daily Headlines on our main page at www.princegeorgecountyva.gov/ or by clicking on our Twitter, Facebook and/or Tumblr pages for other government news and notices.