Catchin' Up On
Prince George County Government News
Prince George County, VA December 15, 2017
Upcoming Meetings & Events
Fri., Dec. 15 - "Thank You Reception" for JEJ Moore students, parents & teachers for decorating the Prince George Regional Heritage Center, 6406 Courthouse Road. Event from 6:00pm - 8:00pm.
Dec. 15 & 16 - "A Christmas Carol", presented by the P.G. Players, in the Prince George High School Auditorium, 7801 Laurel Spring Road, at 7:30pm each night. Tickets are $7. Previously purchased tickets for the postponed shows will be honored.
Sat., Dec. 16 - Pet Adoption Event - Adoption Fees Waived! Prince George Animal Services will be at Colonial Subaru, 2122 Ruffin Mill Road, South Chesterfield. Event from 10:00am - 2:00pm.
Sat., Dec. 16 – “Wreaths Across America” Wreath Laying. Convoy will leave from The Crossings Shopping Center at 10:30am and travel to City Point Cemetery, 10th Ave. & Davis Street, Hopewell.
Mon., Dec. 18 - Prince George TRIAD Meeting & Christmas Gathering at the Prince George Parks & Rec Community Center, 11100 Old Stage Road, at 12:00pm.
Mon., Dec. 18 - Prince George County Employees will make a donation delivery to the Super Kids Ministries and it's new home, 5500 Middle Road, Prince George, at 2:00pm.
Wed., Dec. 20 - FREE "Let's Talk About It" movie & discussion series at the James House office, Prince George, from 3:30pm - 4:30pm. Call 458-2704 for information.
Wed., Dec. 20 - Alzheimer's & Dementia Education Series - "Understanding & Responding to Dementia-Related Behavior", at Sunflower Gardens, 5305 Plaza Drive, N. Prince George, from 6:00pm - 7:00pm.
Thurs., Dec. 21 – Prince George County Planning Commission will meet in the Board Room, 3rd Floor of the Administration Building, 6602 Courts Drive, at 6:30pm.
Fri., Dec. 22 - Christmas Holiday - Prince George County Government Offices will close at 12:30pm for Christmas. All offices will re-open on Wed., December 27, at 8:30am.
County Staff Directors Bid Farewell to Retiring Treasurer Jean Barker
Retiring Treasurer Jean Barker was recognized by Constitutional Officers and department & agency heads at a breakfast held December 14. Barker concludes 34 years of service on December 31.
Important Things to Know
• Hopewell News editorial highlights efforts of Parks & Recreation Department. Details.
• Synagro Central, LLC issues 14-day public notice. Details.
• 2017 Prince George County Christmas Ornaments now on sale. Details.
• Recent County Administrator blogs. Details.
• Holiday leave prompts temporary gate changes at Fort Lee. Details.
• Recap of December 12 BOS Meeting. Details.
• Friends fundraising to get service dog for teen with heart problem. Details.
• Prince George County Economic Development Report from 2011-Present. Details.
• County Employee Recognition Dinner held December 11; County Clerk Bishop Knott pinned for 40 years of service.
• Students at South Elementary School decorate Christmas tree in the lobby of the Administration Building using ornaments made from recycled materials.
• Police Department taking orders for ‘Paw & Order’ calendar.
• Longtime Virginia Gateway Executive Director Renee Chaplin will leave to take position with Prince George Electric Cooperative.
• Police Department uses part of $2,100 donation to pay off outstanding meal balances of students in the Prince George Public Schools.
• Commissioner of the Revenue has issued 23 new business licenses since December 1.
Quote of the Week
"It is a mistake to suppose that men succeed through success; they much oftener succeed through failures. Precept, study, advice, and example could never have taught them so well as failure has done.”
Percy C. Ashcraft, County Administrator | Prince George County, VA | (804) 722-8600
Fax (804) 732-3604 | firstname.lastname@example.org | www.princegeorgecountyva.gov
Prince George County | 6602 Courts Drive, Prince George, VA 23875