On a 4-1 vote, with Chairman Robertson dissenting, the BOS also approved awarding a contract with Dewberry Engineering in the amount of $78,010 to conduct a study for utilities for the Southpoint Business Park.
Both measures are expected to identify strategies that will assist in economic development in areas that are designed for growth in the Comprehensive Plan. The Board of Supervisors has requested an up tempo approach to economic development and the two studies should serve as guidelines for upgrades and improvements.
Other matters to come before the BOS at its meeting:
• Received a report from Registrar Katherine Tyler on the 2017 General Election.
• Unanimously approved two revisions to the County Personnel Policy regarding Attendance and Smoking in the Workplace, and deferred action until the December 12 meeting on Worker’s Compensation.
• Approved a change in the Position Control chart by a 4-1 vote, with Chairman Robertson dissenting.
• Approved replacement of gymnasium bleachers in the Central Wellness Center in an estimated amount of $36,205 by a 3-2 vote, with Chairman Robertson and Supervisor Webb dissenting.
• Discussed the 2018 General Assembly Legislative Program.
• Unanimously adjourned the meeting to 6 p.m. Tuesday, December 5 to meet with area legislators in the Prince George Library.