The Board of Supervisors at its October 24 meeting approved a Special Exception to locate a communications tower adjacent to Fort Lee.
By a unanimous vote, the BOS approved a request by Skyway Towers to construct a 199-foot monopole communication tower at 5500 Oaklawn Boulevard, the location of Rosewood Presbyterian Church.
The proposed tower site is designed to enhance wireless coverage for data services initially with voice coverage. It is also expected to provide additional overall coverage for homeowners, business owners and military purposes in that section of Prince George County.
A letter of support for the project was issued by Fort Lee personnel.
Other matters to come before the BOS at its meeting:
• Approved on the Consensus Agenda a re-appropriation of 2016-17 Fire Program Funds in the amount of $11,593.
• Received a report on the Prince George Electric broadband project.
• Received the Quarterly Financial Report.
• Received a report on Land Use Program Revalidation.
• Unanimously approved a resolution making changes to the Position Control Chart for the Circuit Court Clerk’s Office and County Administration.
• Unanimously appointed Michael Purvis to the Central Virginia Waste Management Authority.
• Unanimously recommended Lee Dixon to the Circuit Court for reappointment to the Board of Equalization.
• Unanimously reappointed Lewis Wyche & Derrick Johnson to the Industrial Development Authority.