June 1, 2017
Fort Lee Public Affairs
Fort Lee announces changes to gate hours, reopens Mahone Avenue gate on weekends
FORT LEE, Va. – The Mahone Avenue Gate will now open from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on weekends, Fort Lee officials announced Thursday.
To accommodate the new weekend hours at the Mahone Avenue Gate, the Lee Avenue Gate and Visitor Control Center will now open at 6 a.m. and close at 8 p.m., daily. In addition, while the Sisisky Boulevard Gate remains open 24 hours a day, all visitor control operations have moved to the Lee Avenue Gate Visitor Control Center.
The full gate schedule as of June 1 is:
• Sisisky Boulevard: Always open
• Mahone Avenue: 5 a.m. - 11 p.m., Monday - Friday; 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. weekends and federal holidays
• A Avenue: 5 a.m. - 8 p.m., Monday - Friday; closed weekends and federal holidays
• Shop Road (commercial vehicle entrance): 6 a.m. - 2 p.m., Monday - Friday; closed weekends and federal holidays
• Lee Avenue: 6 a.m. - 8 p.m., daily
• Jackson Circle: Always open to staff, residents and authorized guests
• Temple Avenue: 4:30 a.m. - 1 p.m. (inbound and outbound) and 4-6 p.m. (outbound only) Monday - Friday; closed weekends and federal holidays
More information regarding access to Fort Lee is available online at www.lee.army.mil/access.
Fort Lee Soldiers, families and civilian employees began a century of support to the nation in 1917 when Camp Lee was established to train the 80th Division for service during WWI. Today, Fort Lee is the Army’s Home of Sustainment and supports the training, education and development of adaptive Army professionals in fields such as transportation, supply, culinary arts and equipment repair and maintenance. Major organizations on the installation include the Defense Commissary Agency, Defense Contract Management Agency, Combined Arms Support Command, the Army Logistics University, U.S. Army Ordnance School, U.S. Army Quartermaster School and U.S. Army Transportation School. Fort Lee supports nearly 86,000 Soldiers, retirees, veterans, family members and civilian employees and boasts an economic impact of about $2.4 billion per year.
FortLeePressCenter.com · www.lee.army.mil · facebook.com/ArmyFortLee · twitter.com/ArmyFortLee
USAG Fort Lee Public Affairs Office · 3312 Adams Ave.; Bldg. 12010, Ste. 123; Fort Lee, VA 23801 · (804) 734-7451