Media inquiries 804-586-4455
April 17, 2017
RAMPS AT I-295 INTERCHANGES IN PRINCE GEORGE AND HOPEWELL TO CLOSE TUESDAY & THURSDAY EVENING
Ramps will be closed to through traffic; follow posted detours
PRINCE GEORGE/HOPEWELL – As part of a planned resurfacing project, Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) crews will temporarily close ramps along I-295 north in Prince George County and the City of Hopewell for paving operations. Drivers can expect the following ramp closures:
Tuesday, April 18 from approximately 6-9 p.m.
• I-295 north ramp to Oaklawn Boulevard (Route 36) east
• Oaklawn Boulevard (Route 36) west ramp to I-295 north
Tuesday, April 18 from approximately 9-11 p.m.
• Oaklawn Boulevard (Route 36) east ramp to I-295 north
• I-295 north ramp to Oaklawn Boulevard (Route 36) west
Thursday, April 20 from 6-8 p.m.
• I-295 north ramp to County Drive (Route 460) east
• County Drive (Route 460) east ramp to I-295 north
Drivers are encouraged to follow posted local detour routes for ramp closures. Additionally, alternating lanes will be closed along I-295 north from Tuesday, April 18 through Friday, April 21 as part of the paving project. Future closures can be found in VDOT Richmond District’s weekly highway alert.
For the latest real-time traffic information or road conditions, call 511 or visit http://www.511virginia.org.