County Government offices will be closed Monday, February 20 in observance of President’s Day. Offices will reopen at 8:30 a.m. Tuesday, February 21.
The Board of Supervisors will hold its monthly meetings this month at 7 p.m. Tuesday, February 14 and Tuesday, February 28 in the Board Room of the County Administration Building. A worksession will precede the February 14 meeting at 6 p.m. The tentative agenda topics are: (1) Discussion of proposed solar energy ordinance; (2) Designation of law enforcement to enforce trespass violations; and (3) Discussion of taxi cab ordinance.
County Staff will propose the 2017-18 Budget to the Board of Supervisors at its February 28 meeting.
Members of the Board of Supervisors & County Staff will attend ‘Legislative Day’ hosted by the Virginia Association of Counties (VACo) on Thursday, February 2 at 11 a.m. at the Omni Richmond Hotel.
Prince George Fire & EMS will have its Annual Awards Ceremony at 7 p.m. Thursday, February 2 in the Commons area of Prince George High School.
Registration is underway for 4-H Camp on July 3-7 at the Airfield Center in Wakefield.
County employees will be participating in the 25th Annual ‘Polar Plunge’ Festival February 3 & 4 at Virginia Beach.
The Prince George County Therapy Dog, Cole, will be making a visit to Brighter Living-Assisted Living on February 8 at 10:00 a.m.
The Prince George Heritage Center will host ‘The History of Fort Powhatan’ at 2 p.m. Sunday, February 12.
The Prince George Fire & EMS Advisory Committee will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday, February 16 in the Board Room of the Administration Building.
Parks & Recreation Department will host ‘Zumba for Heart’ on February 18 at 9:30 a.m. Saturday, February 18 at the Parks & Recreation Community Center.
The Friends of Burrowsville School will host a Black History Month program at 7 p.m. Tuesday, February 21 at the Burrowsville Community Center.
The Hopewell-Prince George Chamber of Commerce will host its 6th Annual Membership Breakfast & Awards Ceremony at 11 a.m. Wednesday, February 22 at Upper Shirley Vinyards.
The Prince George Planning Commission will meet at 7:30 p.m. Thursday, February 23 in the Board Room of the Administration Building.
Prince George TRIAD will meet at 1 p.m. Monday, February 27 in the Prince George Library.
The Appomattox River Water Authority will meet at 2 p.m. Thursday, February 23 at the Lake Chesdin offices.
Here is a capsule glance of other activities that will be happening within County government during the month of February:
- The Board of Supervisors at its February 14 meeting will receive four (4) reports: (1) VDOT; (2) Hopewell-Prince George Chamber of Commerce; (3) Riverside Regional Jail; and (4) Property Maintenance.
- The Board of Supervisors at its February 14 meeting will receive a presentation on a Broadband proposal by officials from Prince George Electric Cooperative.
- The Board of Supervisors at its February 14 meeting will discuss Annual Reports submitted by County Staff.
- The Board of Supervisors at its February 14 meeting will receive a presentation from representatives from the Prince George Electric Cooperative regarding a proposal to expand broadband throughout Prince George County.
- The Board of Supervisors at its February 28 meeting will discuss the awarding of a contract for architectural services for a new fire station on Route 10.
- The Board of Supervisors at its February 28 meeting will receive three reports: (1) The James River Soil & Water Conservation District Board of Directors; (2) Waste Management, Inc. regarding the Sussex County Landfill; and (3) Courthouse Basement Buildout.
- The Board of Supervisors at its February 28 meeting will consider two appointments: (1) Board of Grievance Appeals; and (2) Central Virginia Waste Management Association.
- Various Parks & Recreation winter activities are underway and registration is being finalized for various spring/summer programs. Registration can be accepted at www.princegeorgecountyva.gov.
- Construction of improvements at Exit 45 will continue this month.
- Plumbing issues at the Central Wellness Center will be addressed this month.
- The County is currently seeking residents and businesses to participate in either the 2017 Citizens Academy, or the 2017 Business Roundtable. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to express interest.
Follow the Daily Headlines on our main page at www.princegeorgecountyva.gov/ or by clicking on our Twitter, Facebook and/or Tumblr pages for other government news and notices.