June 19 - 23, 2017
The NRA and the Airfield 4-H Educational Center present a Shooting Education Camp for girls and boys ages 9 to 17 with an interest in and/or experience with competitive shooting. The camp will be held June 19 to June 23. The deadline to register is May 31, 2017.
- Archery -- $245
- Rifle & Black powder -- $265
- Multi-Discipline -- $280
- Shot gun fee is $330
- The registration fee includes meals, lodging, insurance, instruction, ammo, awards, and t-shirts.
- Open to girls and boys 9 to 17 (some disciplines have age restrictions) (Firearms will be available.)
- All instructors are certified through 4-H, NRA, NAA and other National Organizations.
- 18 hours of specific discipline instruction
- Learn the importance of shooting safety, shooting fundamentals and theories, marksmanship instruction and competitive shoots.
- Shooters with little experience or wanting a chance to try it all should sign up for multi-discipline.
- Each participant should have their own ear and eye protection, water bottle as well as a back pack or other carrying case for their equipment.
- Wildlife I.D.
- Muzzle loading
- And much, much more!!!
There is a limited number of openings. Space will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. The registration fee is non-refundable after June 9, 2017.
To register for this event, complete the attached registration form and mail it along with the fee by May 31, 2017 to:
NRA/4H Shooting Education Camp
c/o Silvia Brooks
Airfield 4-H Center
15189 Airfield Road
Wakefield, VA 23888
For additional information, please contact Trevor Saunders, Program Director at (757) 899-4901.
If you are a person with a disability and desire any assistive devices, services or other accommodations to participate in this activity, please contact Trevor Saunders Program Director Airfield 4-H Educational Center at 757-899-4901 (phone number/TDD*) during business hours of 9:30 a.m. and 5;00 p.m. to discuss accommodations 5 days prior to the event. *TDD number is (800) 828-1120.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. For inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies, contact the executive director for Equity and Access at 540-231-8771 or Virginia Tech, North End Center, Suite 2300 (0318), 300 Turner St. NW, Blacksburg, VA 24061.