January 13 - 15, 2017
More than 120, 000 youth participate in the 4-H Food and Nutrition Project, learning how to prepare nutritious meals and snacks that can help reduce their risk for chronic disease. This contest challenges teams to create a dish using only a predetermined set of ingredients. From these ingredients, team members must identify and prepare the dish, then make a presentation about it to the judges.
- Preparing and Presenting a Dish
- Learn from others and develop team work
- Opportunities for leadership
- Participate in an exciting, competitive event
Food Challenge Weekend Registration
- Open to Youth ages 9-13
- Registration Fee: $105.00
- Registration Deadline: December 28, 2016
- The $105 fee is non-refundable after January 6, 2017
- Please make checks payable to "Airfield 4-H Center"
- Click here for a copy of the brochure which includes the registration form.
- A propsed schedule of the weekend is listed in the brochure.
If you are a person with a disability and desire any assistive devices, services or other accommodations to participate in this activity, please contact Trevor Saunders Program Director Airfield 4-H Educational Center at (757)899-4901 (phone number/TDD*) during business hours of 9:30 AM to 5:00 PM to discuss accommodations 5 days prior the the event. *TDD number is (800) 828-1120.