BOS Approves Adjustment Of
Sewer Facilities Near Food Lion
The Board of Supervisors at its September 27 meeting approved an agreement with VDOT for adjustment of sewer facilities on Route 460 at the entrance to the Food Lion Distribution Center.
By a unanimous vote, the BOS accepted the recommendation of Utilities Director Chip England to enter into the agreement. VDOT is responsible for moving the lines that run along Route 460 in the area of the project, and England had asked for a betterment to extend the end of one of the lines that VDOT is relocating.
The County cost is 20.7 percent of the project and is estimated to be $24,090 from the Utilities Enterprise Fund.
Other matters to come before the BOS at its meeting:
- Approved on the Consensus Agenda a resolution proclaiming October 9-15 Fire Prevention Week.
- Approved on the Consensus Agenda a resolution proclaiming October as National Community Planning Month.
- Approved on the Consensus Agenda a resolution re-appropriating $3,320,948.01 of FY ’16 grant balances to FY ’17.
- Approved on the Consensus Agenda a resolution authorizing a purchase order for providing and installing an emergency generator and automatic transfer switch at the County’s Courthouse Sewer Pumping Station in the amount of $127,380.
- Approved on the Consensus Agenda a resolution appropriating $50,590 from a highway safety grant.
- Approved on the Consensus Agenda a resolution appropriating $26,772 in insurance recoveries to replace a police vehicle.
- Received a report on the Back to School Fair.
- Received a report on the Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP).
- Unanimously approved a resolution to execute a purchase order for providing engineer services for $117,900 for the South Crater Road Sewer Pumping Station Rehabilitation Project.
- Unanimously approved the repair of two outfall ditch maintenance projects in cooperation with VDOT at Manning’s Mobile Home Park and Lawyers Road in the amount of $10,000.
- Unanimously recommended to the Circuit Court that Charles Leonard be reappointed to the Board of Zoning Appeals.