September 13 Meeting Recap
BOS Approves Maintenance Upgrades
To Four Parks & Recreation Sites
The Board of Supervisors at its September 13 approved maintenance upgrades to four Parks & Recreation sites.
By a unanimous vote, the BOS approved an expenditure of $38,221 to make repairs to various outside tennis and basketball courts at four Parks & Recreation locations. The projects include the Beechwood Manor Tennis Courts; River’s Edge Basketball Court; Temple Park Basketball Court; Branchester Lakes Basketball Court; and Temple Park Tennis Courts.
The work will be performed by Eaton General Contracting.
Other matters to come before the BOS at its worksession and meeting:
- Discussed a Special Exception for solar panel projects and sent it to the Planning Commission for its consideration.
- Discussed actions of the 2016 General Assembly and unanimously approved not to pursue conforming two state laws with County ordinances.
- Discussed new specifications for a Fire & EMS burn building to be funded by a state grant.
- Approved a retreat for Tuesday, October 4 at 5 p.m. in a location to be determined.
- Approved on the Consensus Agenda a Memorandum of Understanding between Prince George County Public Schools and the Prince George County Department of Social Services.
- Approved on the Consensus Agenda a Memorandum of Understanding between Prince George County Police Department and Prince George County Public Schools.
- Approved on the Consensus Agenda an appropriation of $16,894 in insurance recovery funds for damage to a Police radio tower.
- Approved on the Consensus Agenda a change to the Position Control Chart.
- Approved on the Consensus Agenda a resolution proclaiming September as National Preparedness Month.
- Approved on the Consensus Agenda an appropriation increase of $591,398.05 to the Public Schools Department of Defense Educational Activity Grant Fund.
- Received the monthly report from VDOT.
- Received a report on the Community Health Fair on September 17.
- Received a report on summer Parks & Recreation softball tournaments and received a flag from ASA Regional Director Troy Jacobs.
- Received a report on National Night Out held August 2.
- Received the Quarterly Financial Report.
- Unanimously approved an Energy Savings agreement with ABM at an annual fee of $10,000.
- Unanimously approved a contract with Sussex County for Building Official services.
- Unanimously approved a recommendation for a roundabout at Bull Hill Road & Courthouse Road.
- Unanimously approved a Right In Right Out request by Lake Harley, LLC on Temple Avenue.