Prince George County announces the release of a new online mapping system. The Prince George County Map Viewer, which is replacing an older system, adds many capabilities not found in the previous online mapping site. Among the new features are:
- Easier searching.
- Creating high quality pdf maps with user added text and graphics.
- The generation of parcel reports that detail key features of a property.
- Exporting parcel attribute information as excel compatible files.
- Basic spatial analysis like buffering and graphical selection of features.
- Additional data layers such as multiple years of aerial imagery, FEMA flood zones and more!
The new Map Viewer uses the Microsoft Silverlight plugin that available for all standard browsers(Explorer, Firefox, Chrome). A broadband connection is also required. You can find the new application at http://maps.princegeorgeva.org/Silverlight/Viewer.html?Viewer=mapviewer.
Contact the GIS Coordinator at email@example.com or at (804) 722-8702 for further information or help.