Social Services Department
6450 Administration Drive
PO Box 68
Prince George, VA 23875
Phone: (804) 733-2650
Fax: (804) 733-2652
E-Mail Social Services
Please do not send case sensitive or confidential information to the email link above
Hours: 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday
Director of Social Services
The Social Services Department provides the following services:
- Provides Intake Services to identify specific needs for individuals.
- Provides Adult Services, available to impaired adults age 18 and older, as well as for victims of spousal abuse.
- Provides Prevention and Support Services available for families with children under age 18.
- Adult Protective Services are provided to adults who are in danger of abuse, neglect or exploitation.
- Child Protective Services provided on behalf of children to protect them from abuse or neglect.
- Provides Foster Care and Adoption Services.
- Provides Employment Services for program participants ("VIEW").
- Provides short-term Emergency Assistance.
- Medicaid Health Check-up Program
- Refugee Programs
- Provides Family Service and Family Planning Programs.
- Administrator of the local Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP).
- Provides Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF).
- Energy Assistance Program.
- Provides Child Support Enforcement Referral.
County Vision Statement
Prince George County....A global community where families thrive and businesses prosper.