James River Soil & Water Conservation District
6380 Scott Memorial Park
Prince George, VA 23875
Phone: (804) 732-6550
The James River Soil & Water Conservation District consists of Prince George County and Chesterfield County. A Board of Directors whose members serve voluntary three-year terms governs it. Two directors are elected from each County, while the other two directors are appointed. The job of the Board of Directors is to oversee the programs administered by the staff.
The following services are provided:
- Promote stewardship and conservation of soil, water and natural resources by educating and providing assistance that encourages citizens to manage, protect, and enhance land and water.
- Continue conservation planning to implement best management practices to protect soil and water resources within the District.
- Provide youth and adult education to increase public awareness of conservation issues.
- Address urban conservation issues as the need arises.
- Maintain district operations to effectively carryout the obligations of the District.
Board of Directors
Margie Davis, Chairman - Chesterfield County (Elected)
W. D. (Bill) Kreider, Vice Chairman - Prince George (Appointed)
Scott Reiter, Prince George County (Appointed)
Joseph Waymack, Prince George County (Elected)
Donald A. Bagshaw, Prince George County (Elected)
Rudy Hull, Chesterfield County (Elected)
Mike Likins, Chesterfield County