Pay Taxes in Our Office
When you visit our office, you can pay your County taxes (or other fees) with cash, check, MasterCard, VISA or debit card. There is a 3% fee charged for Visa and MasterCard transactions and a $1.00 fee for debit card transactions.
Drop Payments in Our Drop Boxes
There are two drop boxes for your convenience. One is a blue drive-up box located behind the Administration Building. It has a sign that says Prince George County Night Depository. The second one is located at the corner of the building near the entrance to the Treasurer's Office. Both are checked at 8:30 am daily. Citizens are encouraged to use these to drop off payments if it is not necessary for you to come inside for assistance. You may only pay with check if you use a drop box.
The County uses Official Payments to accept payments online. Currently we accept payments for Personal Property Tax, Real Estate Tax and Utilities bills online. Official Payments accepts American Express, Discover, MasterCard or VISA.
Online payments for Utilities Bills must be made 5 business days prior to the due date to avoid late fees and/or disconnection of service.
To use the online service:
- Go to www.officialpayments.com
- Select Make a Payment.
- Select the Local Payments option and enter the Jurisdiction code 1011 or select your State and choose it.
- Follow the onscreen instructions.
Note: Payments are made on a secure server. In order to use this service your web browser must have 128-bit Cipher Strength Encryption. If your browser cannot display the Official Payments pages properly it may need upgrading.
Pay by Phone
You can also pay your bills by phone with Official Payments. Pay by phone accepts payments for: Personal Property Tax, Real Estate Tax, Utilities bills, Business License Tax and Parking Tickets. Official Payments accepts American Express, Discover, MasterCard or VISA.
To pay by phone:
- Call 1-888-2PAY-TAX (1-888-272-9829). You will be prompted to input the information below using your touch-tone phone keypad.
- Enter the Jurisdiction Code: 1011.
- Choose your payment type:
- Press 1 to pay a Personal Property Tax bill.
- Press 2 to pay a Real Estate Tax bill.
- Press 3 to pay a Utilities bill.
- Press 4 to pay a Business License Tax bill.
- Press 5 to pay a Parking Ticket.
- Enter your payment information.
- Enter your credit card information.
The system will give you a verbal receipt number. There is a fee for using this service. Your bank should not charge cash advance fees for this payment.
All credit card payments for Utilities Bills must be made 5 business days prior to the due date to avoid late fees and/or disconnection of service.
Utility Service Disconnections Due to Nonpayment
Service will be restored once your credit card company has remitted payment to the Treasurer's Office (approximately 1-3 working days). All payments must include the total due and reconnection fees.