Prince George County Police
Contact Person: Chief Ed Frankenstein
For Immediate Release
October 23, 2012
HALLOWEEN SAFETY RECOMMENDATIONS
- Trick or Treat between the hours of 5pm and 8pm.
- Wear light-colored clothing that’s short enough to prevent tripping and add reflective tape to the sides, front and back of the costume.
- Make sure children can see well through facemasks, or use cosmetics to create fun or scary faces.
- Adults should accompany young children.
- Go out in daylight and carry a flashlight in case of delay.
- Stay within the neighborhood and only visit homes you know.
- Watch for traffic.
- Only give and accept wrapped or packaged candy.
- Examine all candy before allowing children to eat it.
- Keep costumed children away from pets. The pets may not recognize the child and become frightened.
- Avoid hard plastic or wood props such as daggers or swords. Substitute with foam rubber that is soft and flexible.
The Police Department, County Administration, and the Board of Supervisors want our entire community to have a safe and enjoyable Halloween.