Information Technology Department
6602 Courts Drive
P.O. Box 68
Prince George, VA 23875
Phone: (804) 722-8700
Fax: (804) 732-1967
E-Mail Information Technology Department
Kirsten F. Cherry
Director of Information Technology
The Information Technology Department provides technology support services for County departments, Constitutional Offices, and several multi-jurisdictional agencies. Support is provided in a wide variety of areas including:
- Providing hardware and software support for County technology assets including desktop computers, laptop computers, servers, telephones, printers, mobile devices, as well as audio-visual equipment.
- Planning and support for voice and data networks.
- Operational support for existing departmental and enterprise data systems and business processes.
- Project management and support for enterprise and departmental technology initiatives.
- Training end users for a variety of applications and systems that are part of the County technology infrastructure.
- Ensuring continuity of technology operations in the event of natural or man made disasters.
- Strategic planning for applying technology in a manner that will meet the current and future needs of Prince George County.
- Ensure a level of support to allow County departments and offices to provide high quality services to the citizens and businesses in Prince George County.
- Ensure County technology expenditures are made in such a way as to provide maximum value to the taxpayers.
- Research and evaluate new technologies and methodologies in an effort to improve the effectiveness, efficiency, and reliability of County services.
- Ensure the work performed by the Information Technology Department aligns with the business vision and goals set forth by the County Board of Supervisors and executive management.